Feb 26, 2014

Is a “solo” entrepreneur an oxymoron?

Life and Entrepreneurship 2
YES! Oxymoron means to put together contradictory concepts.
In this post, I explained the case in point of a low price orientated customer that you try to catch using flash sales websites, thinking that after the first visit they will return paying the usual price!
Why a “solo” entrepreneur is an oxymoron? Basically, because an enterprise means an organization and that means more than one person! You have to create a new independent, autonomous and replicable entity. If your enterprise only works when you are there, you have NOT created and enterprise you have created a job!!!  Engineers create airplanes able to fly, Touristologists create tourism enterprises able to survive!
When I was a child I had an introverted personality, as a matter of fact, I still have BUT… I master the science and art of… what I think drives my feelings! So, when I decide… I am the most outgoing person in any circumstance and any place!
I preferred to be with one person than with a group. I also preferred to choose a book and try to memorize it in order to achieve excellence in Programming, in Yoga in Martial Arts…. But soon I discovered that the perfect person or book doesn’t exist. You have to learn from everybody and everything, and then (and only then), make a good selection and focus on it!
In life as in entrepreneurship, If you want to create the new, new thing, You will have to, at least, set up a small team. In the past I tried to create companies with only one partner. Nowadays, I prefer to create a group and become their leader (at the end of the day, to me this is very similar to managing a class!) OR to integrate myself into a small group of leaders.
But Jordi, if the company is successful you will need to create a bigger organizational structure. Yes, for sure Touristologist! Then, It will be time to sell my stock and move on OR delegate the leadership and just cash-in on a weekly basis.
I love innovation and innovators. I get bored with standardization and standarizators.
So, remember Touristologists, keep an open mind talk with everybody, learn from everywhere, then (and only then) make you selection and keep focus from the beginning to the end.
Are you ready? So am I!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment